No Job Change Here

In case you are wondering, I have not changed jobs.

There is an unfortunate coincidence in that more than one customs lawyer named La*rence M. Friedman exists. The asterisk is there to note that the other one uses the deviant spelling with a "u". Henceforth, should the need arise, he will be referred to simply as U. Kind of like the W that resides in the Whitehouse.

Apparently U's firm recently sent out a mailing of some sort noting that he had become a partner. Congrats to U for that. But, more than a couple people seem to have been confused by it. U is not me. I am not U. I have not changed jobs and I am currently quite happy where I am.

While we are at it, I want to thank my parents for giving me what is apparently an exceedingly common name for lawyers.

I am not this Lawrence M. Friedman.
Nor and I this Lawrence M. Friedman.

Most of all, I am not this Lawrence M. Friedman. On balance, if I had to switch, I'd take his gig: Professor of Law at Stanford and author of well respected works on the history of law. Plus, Stanford sounds like a barrel of laughs. It's mascot is a tree that drinks from a flask at basketball games. Count me in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAFC Decision in Double Invoicing Case

Target on Finality

CAFC: EAPA Process Really Does Violate Due Process